Confession time…. Busy, Busy, Busy
I was thinking as I wrote the title for this, that it probably won’t be the last time I use that title. Anyone who knows me, knows I am a busy person. I like to be busy. I like the energy, the growth and the challenge that comes from the things I do that make me busy.
But on this occasion, I clearly have a confession to make. It’s one that would have gone completely unnoticed by me, if not for the fact that my husband decided to highlight it in his own special way (aka, in an annoying way).
So this morning I woke up to this on MY list of things to do that he had written for me…..
1. Stay up late (and he had drawn a heart next to it – you can only imagine what that means!)
2. Get up early
3. Do lots of work
4. Check Facebook
5. Do yoga
6. Drink full strength coffee
7. Eat cheese
8. Read gossip magazines
9. Save Holly from death (our dog who is 7 and waking 4 times a night to be let out to go to the loo)
10. Write another book
11. Start watching cricket – that will NEVER happen
12. Love husband (I thought that was implied in #1)
13. Smooch children and kidnap more children
Two things struck me. Bugger! He knows me well. And. Bugger! I’ve clearly been too busy. Loving my husband and smooching my children should not be 12th and 13th on my list. Bugger. I’ve got to change that. So as a first step, I’m removing (just for this weekend) 2 of my biggest time users. I’m going on a work/FB detox. I’ll check in with you all next week.